- By Department of Social Services
- Posted Tuesday, July 23, 2019
NC Medicaid Transformation: Selecting a New Health Plan
Did you recently receive a letter in the mail from NC DHHS, asking you to select a Prepaid Health Plan to continue your NC Medicaid benefits? Not sure what to do?
The packet of information you received in the mail asks that you speak with an Enrollment Broker, and lists options for selecting a Plan as follows:
- Calling an Enrollment Broker at: 1-833-870-5500, between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m., seven days a week.
- Completing a live chat with an Enrollment Broker online at ncmedicaidplans.gov.
- Mailing/faxing your enrollment forms to the Enrollment Broker.
- And now during the Open Enrollment period, state appointed Outreach Specialists will be available to assist you Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Forsyth County Department of Social Services, located at 741 N Highland Ave. Winston Salem, NC 27101.
- State appointed Outreach Specialist will assist beneficiaries with selecting a primary care provider and choosing a health plan in NC Medicaid Managed Care - the plans are: WellCare, United Healthcare Community Plan, HealthyBlue and AmeriHealth Caritas. Forsyth County DSS staff are unable to assist beneficiaries in selecting a plan.
If you do not select or enroll in a Health Plan by September 16, 2019, you will be automatically enrolled in one. Coverage will take effect November 1, 2019.
For more information, click here.