- By Amber McClure
- Posted Monday, February 12, 2018
Migrating to New Support System: Temporary Impact It Will Have on FCPL Catalog and Library Cards
Monday, February 26 through Monday, March 5, FCPL, as part of NC Cardinal libraries, will be migrating to a new support system. This will impact our catalog and library card services. We want to let you know what to expect during this transition and how it will temporarily impact our library card services. We also want to let you know how to best prepare for this transition.
During this transition:
How Can You Help?
- Patrons MUST have their library card to check out
- Staff will NOT be able to view or make changes to accounts
- Library cards must be in good standing to use the computer
- Items will NOT be due during this week
- NO library cards can be created
- NO self-check will be available
- Patrons will be able to search for materials online, but NOT place holds or view "My Account"
Please wait until after March 5th to return materials or try to place holds. No overdue fines will be charged during this period. You can still check out materials, but we ask that you call your library to verify an item is available before you come in. Please remember to make sure you have your library card and/or account number by February 25.
Here is a short video explaining how this upgrade in software will affect you.