Operational Changes due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Forsyth County Register of Deeds office continues to operate under normal
business hours 8am - 5pm Monday through Friday.
- Customers are asked to request copies of birth, death, and marriage license certificates online or by mail at forsyth.cc/rod. Copies and searches for Land Records are available at forsythdeeds.com.
- Appointments are required for legal processes such as, amendments and legitimations.Call 336-703-2700. Ask for Vital Records.
- Marriage Licenses are issued by appointment. Applicants need to call the office at 336-703-2700 to schedule a time to obtain the license. Criminal Magistrates perform marriage ceremonies in the Forsyth County Detention Center by appointment only. Call 336-917-7691.Only the parties to the marriage should come into the office to apply for the license.
- Hours to apply for a Marriage License 8am - 4:30 pm.
- Session Law 2020-3, extends marriage license expiration to 120 days for licenses issued after February 1 and before August 1.
- Notary Oaths are administered during normal office hours.
- Thank A Veterean Discount Cards are temporarily suspended.
These changes are in effect until further notice.Thank you and stay safe.
Forsyth County Register of Deeds, Lynne Johnson
The Forsyth County Register of Deeds serves as custodian of the record. The Register is responsible for securing pubic records
while making them accessible to the public. Some records date back to 1849. The office records Real Estate Documents, adminster
Notary Oaths, file Military Discharges, and Business Names. We also issue Marriage Licenses and provide certified copies of birth, death and marriage
certificates according to North Carolina General Statutes. We are committed to serving all of the citizens of Forsyth County in an efficient, courteous,
and professional manner
For information about Wills, Estates and Divorces please contact the Clerk of Court Office at (336) 779-6300.
Register of Deeds News
View Archived News