- By Krista Kiger
- Posted Friday, October 2, 2009
Free Weight Management Classes
Tired of diets? Learn to manage your weight without dieting by attending FREE classes at the Forsyth County Dept. of Public Health.
Classes meet on Thursdays from 10 - 11:00 am, October 22nd - December 10th. (Excluding Nov. 26th, Thanksgiving Day)
In these sessions, you will learn:
- how to safely manage your weight without dieting
- the truth about fad diets and other nutrition myths
- exercise and other ways to boost your metabolism
- how to make sense of the food label
- healthy tips for eating out or at home
- how to make recipes healthier
Topics to be covered are (not necessarily in order)
- Portion Distortion
- Food Labels
- Behavior Modification
- Cholesterol: Fat in the Diet
- Hypertension: Sodium in the Diet
- The Importance of Physical Activity with exercise demonstration
- Eating Out Tips
- Recipe Modification
Classes are FREE and open to the public. No registration is necessary.
Call 703-3216 for more information.