- By Aubrie Welch
- Posted Monday, July 16, 2012
All Households Have Access to Curbside Recycling Service
Waste Management, the franchise holder for county recycling services, is currently phasing in curbside recycling collection for all unincorporated areas. This is an optional subscription service for households and small businesses. Recyclables will be collected every other week from 96 gallon carts.
The beauty of single stream collection service is that all recyclables can be placed in the carts together; no separation necessary!
This convenient, optional service will be available for the low price of just $2.65 per month, which includes use of the cart. Recycling is a great way to reduce the amount of trash you have to dispose of and prolong the life of our landfill, which saves money for everyone in the long term. Conserving natural resources, saving energy, and reducing pollution are all important, well documented benefits of recycling. At just $2.65 per month, this new service is an incredible value!
To subscribe to recycling collection service, please call (336) 723-5744. Upon signing up, a cart will be delivered to your home as quickly as possible. By the end of September, you will be notified of your first collection day, and collection service will be provided every other week.
Recyclables which will be collected:
*Please rinse all food and beverage containers.
- All plastics numbered 1 through 7
- Aluminum beverage cans
- Aluminum pie tins and foil
- Glass food and beverage jars and bottles (caps removed)
- Steel, tin and bi-metal food and beverage cans
- Empty aerosol cans (remove and discard cap, do not crush)
- Cardboard juice and milk cartons
- Cereal and food boxes (remove plastic or foil liners)
- Corrugated cardboard
- Mail, office paper, envelopes, newspapers and inserts, phone books, magazines, catalogs (but not books, spiral notebooks or binders)
- Shredded office paper must be bagged in a clear plastic bag
The following items cannot be put in the recycle carts for collection: books, garden hoses, deli containers, light bulbs, styrofoam, plastic bags or wrap, ceramics, dishes, drinking glasses, mirrors, window glass, paint cans, containers for motor oil, antifreeze, pesticides and other household chemicals.
For more information about the new recycling collection service please call the Forsyth County Office of Environmental Assistance and Protection at 703-2440.