- By Don Dwiggins
- Posted Friday, August 2, 2013
Public Input Meetings for Potential Central Library Locations
Three public meetings have been scheduled to gather community input on seven potential sites for a new Central Library.
The sites under consideration include:
- The current Central Library location on Fifth Street
- A parking lot owned by the Winston-Salem Journal at Fifth Street and Spruce Street
- A vacant lot near Chestnut Street and First Street
- The former Forsyth County Sheriff's Office on Third Street
- A vacant lot near Brookstown Avenue and Green Street
- A vacant lot at Spruce Street and Second Street
- A vacant lot near Salem Avenue and South Main Street
Meeting dates, times, and locations are as follows:
Tuesday, August 13th from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
Forsyth County Government Center
Tuesday, August 20th from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Wake Forest Bio Tech Place
Auditorium, Suite 151 575 N. Patterson Ave, Winston-Salem.
Tuesday, August 27th from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Central Library Auditorium
660 W. Fifth Street, Winston-Salem.
You are invited to attend one of these meetings and give your opinion as to where you think a new Central Library should be located from the seven sites listed above. Information gathered from these meetings will be compiled and given to the Forsyth County Board of Commissioners who will take into consideration public input as one of many factors in determing a site for a new Central Library.
For more information please email Don Dwiggins.