- By Katie McDaniel
- Posted Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Thanks for helping youth start the school year off right
RAPP’s 8th Annual School Supply drive surpassed expectations and represents generous support from over fifty community groups, organizations & individual donors.
Thanks to generous community sponsors, RAPP provided school supplies. RAPP Children were provided book bags, paper, pencils, shoes, hand sanitizer, notebooks, folders etc. to support academic excellence this school year. Additionally, families were supported with our on-site clothing closet to support families in planning for ‘back to school’.
Social Services Relatives as Parents Program “RAPP” expresses our sincere appreciation to all who organized school supply drives with groups and those who gave resources to make a difference! Special thanks to the individuals who coordinated the projects at their individual locations! Generous community sponsorship is vital in serving our RAPP families as the program is county supported, community funded!
Our 2013 Community Partners for the 8th Annual Back to School Drive
Businesses, Churches & Individuals
- Chick-fil-a, Highway 150
- Community One Bank, Coordinated by Suzanne Mateen
- Entercom, 93.1, The Wolf, Radio Station, Jill Dyson
- Douglass Jewson, DDS, Guilford County
- Volvo Financial Services, coordinated by Daniel Collier, Guilford County
- YMCA, Northwest NC Branches, Winston-Salem
- Green Street United Methodist Church, Shalom Project
- Pindale Christian Church, The Foundation Sunday School Class
- Greizy Beckles
- Helen Booth
- Eric Chin
- Julissa Espinal
- Donnie McDaniel
Forsyth County Departments & Divisions
- Register of Deeds, Barbara Kane & Register of Deed Staff Members
- Sheriff’s Department, Detention Division, Theresa Ward
- Family & Children’s Divison, Veronica Del Los Cobos
- Family & Children’s Divison, Christina Clapps
- First Line Team Members & Staff, Coordinated by Erlinda Shell
Forsyth County Individual Employees
- Erica Bautista
- Kim Mitchell, Family & Children’s Division
- Vickie Sullivan, Human Resources
Other Individuals donating time assisting with the project:
- City of Winston Salem, Chuck Vestal, Parks and Recreation Division
- Family & Children’s Division Clothing Closet Committee Members
- Family & Children’s Division Administrative Support Team for managing the pickups at the front desk
- First Christian Church of Kernersville, volunteer staff supporting our on-site closet
- Forsyth County MIS, Keith Spencer & Innovation Team Director, David Kwiatkowski
- Forsyth County Print Shop, Alexander Beckman & Team
Excitingly, our efforts cultivated opportunities beyond school materials.
We extend a special thanks to:
The Entercom family of The WOLF, 93.1 Radio Station, Greensboro, for their marketing and publicity efforts to help RAPP support these families with back to school. They hosted a drive to collect donations, marketed the drive on their #1 radio station and delivered the items to us a RAPP at the close of their collection.
If you or someone you know is a relative raising children from their extended family, please call Katie McDaniel at 336-703-3744 to get information about our activities especially for families like yours! Always remember, “It Takes a Village”!