- By Ashleigh Sloop
- Posted Tuesday, January 5, 2016
National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
On January 9th, United States citizens are asked to display positive support of law enforcement. In light of recent negativity directed toward law enforcement professionals, there is a need to show that citizens support the efforts of officers who have chosen to protect and serve.
Support can be shown in a number of ways:
- Change your social media profile picture to the image provided at www.facebook.com/nationalcops
- Wear blue clothing in support of law enforcement
- Send a card of support to your local law enforcement agency
- Share a story about a positive law enforcement experience on social media
- Ask children in your community to write letters in support of law enforcement
- Participate in Project Blue Light - Proudly display a blue light at your residence in support of law enforcement
- Organize an event in support of law enforcement
- Advertise your support through local media outlets or billboards
- Post a public service announcement, supplied by C.O.P.S., to your organization’s webpage or social media pages.
- Simply say “thank you”
For more information regarding C.O.P.S. and National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day, please visit http://www.nationalcops.org/lead.html