Department of Social Services

How to Report Child and Adult Abuse and Neglect

To report Child Abuse & Neglect, call (336) 703-ABUSE (703-2287) or fax (336) 726-0249 (24 hrs 7 days a week)

For additional information, click here:

To report Adult Abuse and Neglect, dial (336) 703-3503 (after 5pm call (336) 703-ABUSE (703-2287))

For additional information, click here:

Department of Social Services News

Department of Social Services

P-EBT Update

By Amanda Pruitt / February 25, 2021

NCDHHS will continue to provide Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) benefits for children who would normally receive free or reduced price meals under the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act, to purchase extra food. Benefits will begin to be issued on February 19, 2021 through the P-EBT program.

Department of Social Services

Social Services working to set up emergency rental assistance program

By Victor Isler / February 9, 2021

The City of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County are working in partnership to set up the emergency rental assistance program funded by U.S. Department of Treasury. We project to announce how residents can access our emergency rental assistance program by the end of this month.

Department of Social Services

Apply for Energy Assistance Online

By Amanda Pruitt / December 30, 2020

The NC Department of Health and Human Services will allow households to apply for the Crisis Intervention Program (CIP) and the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) online at beginning January 4, 2021.

View Archived News

Online Tools