The Forsyth County Board of Elections can offer you the opportunity to serve your community. Our office
hires more than 300 dedicated, civic-minded individuals to serve during One-Stop Early Voting in every
major election. One-Stop Early Voting is available for those who are registered in Forsyth County to vote
at the Board of Elections office or at any of the designated satellite sites across the county, starting on the
third Thursday prior to an election and ending at 3 pm on the Saturday before the election. The hours are
8:00 am - 7:30 pm on weekdays and varied hours on the weekends during the two-and-half week voting
Qualifications for One-Stop Early Voting Workers
- Must be registered voter of Forsyth County.
- Must be of good repute and able to read and write.
- "no person shall be eligible to work...who holds any elective office under the government of the United States or of North Carolina or any political subdivision thereof."
- "No person shall serve...who is a candidate for nomination or election."
- No person shall be eligible...who holds any office in a state, congressional district, county, or precinct political party or political organization, or who is a manager or treasurer for any candidate or political party, provided...a worker can be a delegate to a political party convention."
- "No One-Stop Early Voting worker who is the wife, husband, mother, father, son, daughter, brother, or sister of any candidate for nomination or election may serve as a worker during any primary or election in which such candidate participates..."
- "The following categories or relatives are prohibited from serving at the same site: spouse, child, spouse of a child, sister, or brother."
- That no site has workers all of whom are registered with the same party.
- Early Voting workers work in shifts, working no more than 7 hours a day.
- Early Voting workers must abide by the personnel regulations of Forsyth County.
- Efforts are made to place workers at their preferred location(s).
- The compensaation for Early Voting workers is $12/hour.
- One-Stop Early Voting Workers must abide by the personnel regulations of Forsyth County.
Positions and Responsibilities
Compensation for One-Stop Early Voting Workers
One-Stop Early Voting Worker
$12 per hour
$12 + Mileage
$12 per hour