- By Vicki Poore
- Posted Friday, September 17, 2010
Pedestrian Safety Workshop: A Focus on Older Adults
Forsyth County Aging Services Planning Committee is pleased to sponsor: Pedestrian Safety Workshop: A Focus on Older Adults in 3 locations in October.
Join community members, health and transportation professionals, law enforcement officers, decision makers and others to look at ways to improved pedestrian safety and walkability for older adults in Forsyth County.
- Common situations in which older adults are injured
- Ways in which changes to the physical environment, education & enforcement can improved safety for pedestrians
- Strategies to encourage more walking in our community
- An observational walk
- Discussion about how to make our community more pedestrian-friendly
The workshop will be held from 9:00 am-Noon on:
Tuesday, October 5th at Senior Enrichment Center, 130 E. Mountain St., Kernersville
Thursday, October 14th at Granville Place Apartments, Granville Dr., Winston-Salem
Tuesday, October 26th at Forsyth County Dept. of Social Services (1st Flr), 741 N. Highland Ave., Winston-Salem
The workshop is free of charge. Refreshments will be served. Space is limited, so please register for any of the workshops by contacting Vicki at 703-3883 or email@example.com .