- By Kitrinka Gordon
- Posted Tuesday, December 1, 2015
Bee School to Start in February
Here is your chance to attend Bee School! The Forsyth County Beekeepers Association offers the classes that you need to become a beekeeper. Classes are held at the Forsyth County Cooperative Extension office at 1450 Fairchild Road in Winston- Salem.
- Individual Registration Includes tuition, required texts (Beekeeping Basics and Handbook for Natural Beekeeping), and one FCBA membership. $60
- Additional Registration Excludes required texts and is useful for family and friends who want to share the required texts. $45
- Additional Text Copies Excludes everything but the required texts for those wanting to buy additional copies. $15
Class Schedule – Saturdays, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- February 6 – Week – 1 Introduction; Purchasing Hives, Equipment, and Bees
- February 20 – Week 2 – Honey Bee Biology
- February 27 – Week 3 – Examining Colonies and Spring Management
- March 5 – Week 4 – Bee Stings; Summer, Fall, and Winter Management
- March 12 – Week 5 – Diseases, Predators, and Pesticides
- Field Days: Determined by Mentor
Please register/pay on their web site: www.forsythbeekeepers.org Want to pay by check? Print the application on their website and mail it to them with your payment.
The mission of the Forsyth County Beekeepers Association of NC (FCBA) is to promote honey bees and healthy beekeeping practices in our county. We aim to train beekeepers in practical, successful, and responsible beekeeping practices and foster closer relationships amongst beekeepers.