- By Michelle Bobadilla
- Posted Monday, September 16, 2019
NOTICE OF BOARD OF ELECTIONS PUBLIC DEMONSTRATION FOR NEW VOTING SYSTEMS
Prior to approving the purchase of new voting machines, the Forsyth County Board of Elections will host a public demonstration of newly certified equipment to be used beginning in 2020. All are welcome to attend the demonstration on Friday, September 20th, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Forsyth County Government Center, 201 N. Chestnut Street – 4th Floor, Winston-Salem, NC 27101.
On August 23rd, 2019, the North Carolina State Board of Elections met and certified the following systems:
• Clear Ballot ClearVote 1.4
- ClearCast precinct tabulator
- ClearAccess ballot marking device
- ClearCount central tabulator
- ClearAudit election audit system
• ES&S EVS 126.96.36.199
- DS200 precinct tabulator
- DS450 central tabulator
- DS850 central tabulator
- ExpressVote ballot marking device
• Hart InterCivic Verity Voting 2.2
- Verity Scan precinct tabulator
- Verity Touch Write ballot marking device
- Verity Central Workstation central tabulator
- Verity Print ballot on demand
Forsyth County currently uses the iVotronic touch-screen voting machines for early voting and due to state law changes, that equipment will be decertified on December 1st, 2019. Starting in 2020, all voting systems must produce a paper ballot, which will serve as the official record of voters’ selections.
Each vendor will be available throughout the event to allow the public to view and test on the various machines. Additionally, the Forsyth County Board of Elections members will rotate to each of the three vendors for fifteen-minute presentations during the event. The Board of Elections will meet at 5:00 pm on Tuesday, September 24th to make its voting system recommendation.
If there are any questions, please call the Board of Elections office at (336) 703-2800.