- By April Bowman
- Posted Wednesday, July 29, 2020
4-H Equine Artistic Expression Winners
Congratulations to all the youth that entered the 2020 NC 4-H Horse Program Artistic Expression & Creative Writing Contests. If you missed the live awards announcement, that can be view with this link:
Topic: 2020 NC State 4-H Horse Creative Writing & Artistic Expression Awards
Thank you to everyone that participated. A special thank you to Amber Nead, 4-H Volunteer Leader, for coordinating the judging and tabulation of the Artistic Expression Contests. Our contest sponsors were:
- South Central District 4-H Horse Program (Artistic Expression & Creative Writing) c/o Amanda Baucom, 718 Baucom Deese Road, Monroe, NC 28110
- North Central District 4-H Horse Program (Artistic Expression) c/o Morgan Maness, 525 NC 65 Suite 200, Reidsville, NC 27320
Awards will be mailed to County Extension Agents after the virtual horse show winners are announced.
Artistic Expression scores are an average of 2 judges. Ties were broken starting with the judging criteria with the highest point value and continuing on in descending order. Congratulations to the winners from Forsyth County:
- Luke Arrowood, First, Senior Poster
- Ava Howell, 5th, Junior Drawing
- Addy Knepp, 1st, Senior Painting
- Andrew White, 4th, Digitally Enhanced Photo
The Equine Artistic Expression contest is an annual event that normally takes place at the North Carolina 4-H Horse Show in July, but was held virtually this year. To learn more about the contests click here . For more information about the contests or 4-H, email, April Bowman, Extension Agent, Livestock, Forages, and 4-H Youth Development at email@example.com or call 336-703-2855 or Dr. Monique Pearce-Brady, Extension Agent, 4-H Youth Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-703-2856.